Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'll have hot chocolate with my sour grapes

It's Advent. A time for preparation. A time for waiting. We're anticipating the birth of Jesus, and a possible National Championship berth for the Longhorns...

Screech. Halt...What? That's not possible? Missouri and OU in the Big XII Championship? In our household, we like to say that next week's game will really be a contest for number 2 in the Big XII. Let's not forget that our Horns beat both teams, by double digits, in quite possibly the hardest streak of games any team has played.

Oh, and Mike Leach can kiss him where the sun don't shine.

We did put our decorations and tree up today. The music was playing. The kids were sipping hot chocolate. I love December.
Rose put 6 of these ball ornaments on the same branch...
And I think I counted 8 on this one.
The funniest of the night...Christopher Robin was sent to the guilotine since last Christmas apparently~we're not sure where Pooh is. But, Rose thought he should have a prominent spot up front and center.

Photobucket

10 comments:

parsonsfamily said...

Love the decorations...hilarious!
As for your longhorns.....for maybe the first time ever I found myself rooting for you guys, I mean, I have to have someone to root for since I have turned my back on the Aggies this year. Yes, I am definitely a fair weather fan.
But I think it's ridiculous that the Horns aren't in the big 12 game next week. Should make the national championship game that more interesting. One thing is for sure...I will be rooting for an upset by Missouri!!

the deKorne family said...

i love that you always have the advent chain......

Tammy said...

Sorry about your longhorns!! Once again, the BSC has let some team down.

Mama/Linda said...

Looks like Jeremy AND Rose share your sentiments about the whole BCS (Bull Crap Series)!!

The Torno's said...

Yeah that's dumb. You guys are the latest victims of "what have you done for me lately." Just sooooo glad the red raiders aren't in the game.

Kimberly said...

Yep, it's a bummer. I actually thought (gasp) that the Longhorns should be playing next week...

Our tree is a bit bottom heavy too, I've been moving some ornaments every few days so the kids don't notice...

Ginkgo100 said...

BOOMER SOONER!

Katie said...

45-35 robyn. on a neutral field. Go Missou.

taylor said...

i like rose's sense of style. really should it be all "even" around the tree? highly over rated.

okay, so i just did facebook. do you want to do it? i think you would like it? interested???

Lauren said...

That cracks me up about Rose and the Christopher Robbin head! Funny stuff!

Oh...and you know how I feel about the BCS and our ranking....ESPECIALLY dating a sooner! :(