Here we are. My newest installment of TDGI Tuesday. There are just no words...well, that's not entirely true...I just can't help myself.
They're adults. They're men. They're wearing puffy paint on their overalls. What? They're watching a very manly sport in maybe the most un-manly garb out there. But, you've got to hand it to them. They sport these overalls with pride.
So, for all you Aggies out there. I totally don't get it.
Katie, these things can't be explained to those outside of the Aggie family. You just have to be there. (Or, maybe I don't know how to explain it either... you mean overalls decorated in puffy paint isn't cool???)
I don't get it either. I wished you had been at the Baylor vs. A&M game with me, when some Baylor students ran out on the field before the game, dressed as Aggie yell leaders. They pranced around and made some (overexaggerated) familiar Aggie gestures, then turned around and stripped their uniforms, revealing the words "WE LOVE SHEEP". Hilarious.
This brings to mind a party that you, Jeremy, Mama, and I once attended. I was sitting across the room from you all and immitated one of the yell leaders. A girl next to Jeremy said, "Is she making fun of Aggies?" to which he replied:
"So by her standing up and dancing around like an idiot you automatically assumed she was talking about Aggies....makes sense!"
Hee hee! Seriously...TOTALLY DON'T GET IT!!!! (And never want to, either...)
5 comments:
Katie, these things can't be explained to those outside of the Aggie family. You just have to be there. (Or, maybe I don't know how to explain it either... you mean overalls decorated in puffy paint isn't cool???)
Well, of course you don't get it...you're a LONGHORN. But the nicest one I've ever know, truly.
One Former Student put it like this,
"From the outside looking in, you can't understand it...from the inside looking out, you can't explain it."
Think of all the fun you missed-- having cute yell leaders to look at during the football games was fabulous..
I even have a great pic of Rebecca with a couple of the Yell Leaders at our 2nd Aggie Family Weekend.
I'm telling ya, you're missing out!
Amen, sista!!
I don't get it either. I wished you had been at the Baylor vs. A&M game with me, when some Baylor students ran out on the field before the game, dressed as Aggie yell leaders. They pranced around and made some (overexaggerated) familiar Aggie gestures, then turned around and stripped their uniforms, revealing the words "WE LOVE SHEEP". Hilarious.
This brings to mind a party that you, Jeremy, Mama, and I once attended. I was sitting across the room from you all and immitated one of the yell leaders. A girl next to Jeremy said, "Is she making fun of Aggies?" to which he replied:
"So by her standing up and dancing around like an idiot you automatically assumed she was talking about Aggies....makes sense!"
Hee hee! Seriously...TOTALLY DON'T GET IT!!!! (And never want to, either...)
Post a Comment