Monday, November 10, 2008

Confession

I cheated. Me. After a 7-year relationship, I cheated on my hairdresser. In a moment of weakness, I let someone else go where no one else has gone since before I was a mother. So, on Saturday, with my tail between my legs and my ears turning all sorts of red with embarrassment, I confessed my sin to Trish. In an otherwise freezing hair studio, my neck was hot and splotchy~I was guilt ridden (Catholic guilt, baby--it'll get you every time).

I cheated. Ike came between us. I let it happen. I left to escape the madness of no power and crazy kids. I hadn't "fixed" my hair in days--I had been living on instant coffee and potatoes. I wasn't in my right mind. And, then, it happened. My sister came in with a brand new haircut. It was fresh, bouncy, and adorable. Temptation got the best of me.

I cheated. After all we've been through. Trish has seen me through the lowlights, the highlights, births, deaths, and dyeing. Will it ever be the same? Oh, I hope so. Aside from the obvious torture of my eyebrow wax (my penance), she was forgiving and kind. Thank goodness for her understanding. :)

Photobucket

8 comments:

Caroline George said...

aaaahhh...Catholic guilt...it'll get you everytime! At least you fessed up ... and as always..you look too cute!

the deKorne family said...

yes how is the new hair?! terribly, horribly jealous. glad she handled it ok...i am worried about her being mad at me and i'm 1,000 miles away. put up a picture!

Cheryl said...

After all we've been through. Trish has seen me through the lowlights, the highlights, births, deaths, and dyeing.

I laughed so hard that coffee almost came out of my nose. Almost.

You're better than me, normally when I cheat I just leave them all together.

Kimberly said...

Yep, that darn guilt...did you go to confession yet?

parsonsfamily said...

I have been tempted to cheat on her, but am too scared. They say that long distance relationships can be difficult and she's 35 minutes away, plus 3 hours for color, and 35 minutes back. Ahhh...it's tempting. She doesn't read your blog, does she?

Katie said...

No, she doesn't read it. But lots of her clients do...Ha.

MELANIE said...

So funny. You know Laurinda is all I've had cut my hair for forever!! Mama would know exactly how long...

Lauren said...

I cheated on Laurinda once in college and I felt so bad...I told her the next time I went in and she laughed so hard at me becuase I was scared to tell her!