Thursday, August 7, 2008

Vacation All I Ever Wanted...

...Vacation had to get away. I love the Go-Go's. Anyway, on with my post. For some people, there's nothing worse than looking at someone else's vacation pictures. Well...tough.
We are home from our summer vacation. Everything is getting back to normal. Rose is napping (she didn't on our trip), the laundry is piled on the couch, the video games are on after a week's hiatus, and I've been catching up on all my blog reading. Whew. Y'all've been busy. (You like my multi-contraction word? Ha!)

We started by driving to Port Aransas, TX to meet up with my parents, sisters, brother-in-law, and niece and nephew. We loved it. We've never been before. This must be the summer to catch a ferry boat ride. We rode on one to get to Crystal Beach in June, and we caught the ferry in Aransas Pass to get to Port A. We waited for an hour to get on. The kids were bored and anxious to get out. Rose and Lucy ended up in our laps.

The first night we were there was Melanie's birthday. We had a little celebration for her complete with a cookie cake. She's never been big on cake--her whole life.

Friday we went to the Texas State Aquarium. What a fun little place. We watched a dolphin show, pet the sting rays, saw sea turtles, otters, and sharks. Brady talked about touching this alligator all weekend.


After the Aquarium, Thomas and I went to the USS Lexington with my parents and Lauren.


Thomas and Nana must have made some pretty bad choices to end up in the brig...


At the beach

Love this picture of Donald and Claire

Game Night--LCR

Winners...


Losers...


Melanie's got her game face on.


And of course the '08 babies had to dress alike a lot this weekend. We'll do it while we still can.

We left Port Aransas on Monday. We ate at Snoopy's Pier in Corpus Christi on our way to the next leg of our journey...camping! That will be another post. This one is long enough. But here are some pictures of our lunch. We liked the little "duck-bird." It swam like a duck, but looked like a bird. You know "if it swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck?" Well, I don't think it's a duck. But he's cute, so I took his picture.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip. Man, I wanna go back to Port A now!!

the deKorne family said...

Such cute kids. :) Your hair looks like it's getting long!Glad you had fun and are getting settled back at the ranch. Miss you!

MELANIE said...

That was so fun!

Mama/Linda said...

We had some wild and crazy times, that's for sure!!!