It's bad. You should have seen my house yesterday morning. It was completely neglected while we watched beach volleyball, water polo, cycling, gymnastics, swimming. And let's not forget about the never-ending stream of personal interest stories. They know how to hook us. Dishes were piled in the sink, toys were strewn about everywhere, the kids were dirty.
We did go to church. But we missed the biggest event so far--China vs. the Redeem Team. I'm finding myself becoming one with my couch, and becoming resentful of events that take me from my tv. "What Thomas? You have a Wednesday evening basketball game? Are you kidding? It's the women's gymnastics finals."
I looked on my directv guide just now...the Olympics coverage goes until 11:30 tonight. Pretty soon, we'll look as jet-lagged as Bob Costas. Pass the Visine and caffeine pills, baby. We have 13 days to go.



7 comments:
You're funny Katie. We're enjoying them at our house and Brady's face lights up when he hears the Olympics' theme music. Pretty awesome relay last night too!
I have to admit that I too have become a junkie. After the normal coverage yesterday and then the Channel 2 news, more olympics came on! I was up until 1 trying to watch USA v. Cuba volleyball...It's crazy! I think I gave Dave a bruise during the mens 4 x 100 relay last night. It was AMAZING!!!
I share your obsession!! I told Andy next to babies who keep me up at night, the olympics cause me the most sleep deprivation!
I must be from another planet, or not human, I haven't watched one minute of the Olympics. Maybe I'm just weird. I am patriotic though, really I am...
In honor of the Olympics I blew off all things caretaking related and the kids and I went to pool all afternoon! Katie, like your house it showed, but honestly who cares?
I have watched some, but not addictively.
USA - USA - USA!
Katie...I love that we posted the same picture of Michael Phelps on our blog. We are also loving it ... and staying up past our bedtimes! LOVE IT!!!
We are also addicted over here too! It's so fun watching Michael Phelps.
Post a Comment