Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sabbath Simplicity: a God-focused life rhythm of work and rest



Sabbath Simplicity is not something you add to a crowded life; it's a way of life that you build by listening to God's direction. It's living from that Center in a deliberate but almost effortless way. It's choosing what to say yes to and what to say no to based not on the demands or example of others but on what God is calling you to.


This book is changing my life.


Okay. That was a dramatic, sweeping statement. But it's definitely changing my perspective on my life right now. I love it. I want to live my life in a deliberate way and decipher where God is pointing me.

I also just love the term Sabbath Simplicity.

We simply lived and loved each other today. We went to Mass, the kids played, friends visited and came to meet Isaac. It's been *simply* awesome.


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I loved getting to meet Isaac today and the hour I got to hold him was pure heaven!

Loving the book too - just need to figure out how to live it out!!