August 8, 2011 was a special day. It was the day we would finally, after all these months of waiting, meet you--our sweet Bonus Baby. (I longed for this day because it has especially cool numbers. 8/8/11. It's like mine. 5/5/77.) We couldn't wait to see your face. Who would you look like? You were active in the womb. Would you be kicking just as much once you were free of your little space?
Here I am. You can call me Mommy.
We got to the hospital bright and early for my induction. I was ready. Except for that one moment when I remembered exactly what I had to do that day. There was no looking back. Plus, we couldn't wait to see your face, remember?
At 1:57 P.M. you were born. You were born crying and completely pink. You were 8 lbs. 12 oz. and 21 inches. You were alert and stared into my eyes for a few minutes straight when the doctor placed you on my chest. You have an incredible, intense stare. I bet you'll be intuitive like your Daddy.
Speaking of Daddy, here he is. He's awesome, but you already know that. He's a hard worker, a comedian, a sports enthusiast, a thinker. He has a lot of titles, but he's most proud of his title of Daddy. You are blessed with the most awesome Daddy around.
Isaac William, God surprised us with you. You were in His plan all along. Through you, he has made my heart--which I thought couldn't hold any more love--burst with love and happiness and completeness.
You have made us a family of 7. In the bible, the number 7 means completeness and perfection. Well, I'd say so. Isaac, you have made us complete, and you are perfect. And I love you to the moon and back.
Love, Mommy
11 comments:
Well, that blog post was perfection. I love Isaac--I love all 7 of you and love this blog post Katie! Can't wait to meet my little Godson :) What a lucky baby to have such an awesome family. (thanks for making me cry!)
What a great post! How lucky is little Isaac to have gotten to join such a sweet and fun family?! Hope you are all doing well at home!
What an endearing letter to your beautiful new son! Lauren and I heard him crying before we even met him. He had to announce to his new family, "Here I am, guys!" I'm sure he will live up to the meaning of his name: laughter! Thomas has met his match!
Katie, that is so sweet. I am so happy for all of you. I tell Matt all the time what a jewel you must be because you are so at ease with mothering. It is the greatest job on earth and you do it with such love and grace. Those are lucky, lucky children to have you and Jeremy for parents; the Georges' think you all are mighty fine. Enjoy, enjoy that family of 7!
Oh Katie. That is so perfect. So incredibly perfect. I just love the Liardon 7..I think they are some of the best people around..
I cannot wait to meet Issac! I mean, I'm looking for someone for Christina already...and from what I've seen, he is adorable. So happy for you all!
Oh...I meant THERESA!
Katie, that was beautiful. What a treasure that Isaac will have your thoughts of the day her was born!
Geez. Where was the kllenex warning? What a sweet, sweet post. What a sweet, sweet family.
Wow Katie, you should be a writer in all of your free (haha) time! Seriously I'm tearing up. I hope we get to meet Isaac sometime before he's walking! Congrats you guys!
This is so sweet. What a lucky little one you have in your arms! Congrats. :)
Post a Comment