Here's the (almost) 39 weeks shot taken the other day:
Isaac the Bonus Baby!
I'm wondering who he'll look like. I'm wondering if he'll be healthy. I'm wondering if it will go smoothly. I'm wondering if they still serve the same menu at the hospital as three years ago. I'm wondering if I'll remember how to do everything.
Of course, since he's the Bonus Baby, there are other things on my mind as well. I'm wondering how Lucy will take to him. I'm wondering if she'll suck her fingers more and if her stuttering will get worse before it gets better. I'm wondering how football will go for Thomas while Jeremy and I are at the hospital. I'm wondering when it would be best to schedule Anna's orthodontic work, and how she'll do with brackets in her too-tiny mouth. I'm wondering how Rose will feel being squeezed in the middle of so many siblings. I'm wondering how my heart will fare when part of it goes to Kindergarten with her on the 22nd. I'm wondering when Jeremy and I will ever talk. Thank goodness for Blackberry Messenger.
People love to tell me my hands are full. Well, full hands mean a full heart. My heart feels so full right now. Jeremy and the kids are awesome. I have amazing friends who threw me a surprise baby shower. Isaac has clothes! And a diaper bag with his initials! And diapers! I'm finding a balance that feels just right. The tricky part is keeping that balance when Isaac arrives. God, grant me the serenity...

8 comments:
My heart is full just reading about your full heart. I love y'all so much and wish I lived closer so I could be there on Monday. - Aunt Jennifer
I can tell you firsthand...most days will be WONDERFUL. You have a big heart Katie...and Issac will be feelin' the love from you, Jeremy, and 4 siblings.
Some days will be TOUGH. I mean, really tough. But, the next day is always better. And you'd better call me if you need help, okay? I'll come right away...seriously...let me know girl.
Praying for you all! Love and hugs!
Love this post! You have such a precious little family (although it's growing pretty quickly!). I'm so happy that you are so happy! You look great and I can't wait to hear all about Isaac! Praying that he is healthy and perfect!
I'm so excited for it to be Monday. We can't wait to meet him. Can't. Wait.
Aw, Katie! That post made me teary!! I'm excited about Isaac :) and I think you look really awesome--ALL baby! I love you and like Jennifer wish I lived closer to be there on his birthday! Can't wait to meet him!!! :):):)
Whenever you feel overwhelmed..or need a little alone time..just call ..isaac..me..and the green sling..will be just fine.. ;)
cant wait..seriously..cant.wait.
How exciting Katie! Loved your thoughts before the big day. Hope it's a FUN day tomorrow!!
Since it's now Monday and I just saw this...GO KATIE! I can't wait to see this precious little one...or watch you manage these changes to your life and family with grace and style.
Post a Comment