**I was surprised at the amount of people that were sad I didn't include the bloody gore on my previous post. Y'all. My dad saw the picture and said "It looks like a crime scene without the yellow tape."
**Friday we visited the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. First stop--First Aid. I am apparently not that great at dressing a wound. My bandage didn't last the entire length of the parking lot. Sweet. Of course, the First Aid people at the rodeo aren't actually nurses. They're volunteers. This cowboy took one look at my foot and said, "Gee. You think you could do this yerself?"
**And, yes, I'm aware I'm wearing open toed shoes at the nastiest place on earth with a wound on my foot. But, I couldn't get a shoe on my foot, and I have never owned a pair of Crocs in my life.
...and this is probably not a future Future Farmer.
**I sort of wanted to go on this mammoth slide with two of my favorite people. But I had been hobbling around all day, and thought it might be a bad idea to go up a thousand steps on a bruised, stitched up foot, then slide toe first at high speeds. What do you think?
**My other three favorite people were all smiles on the carousel.
**I sort of feel sorry for the Astrodome. This poor thing was once deemed the 8th Wonder of the World. And now look at it. It's just a huge block of cement, taking up lots of space. Too expensive to use. Too expensive to demolish. So there it sits. I sort of feel sorry for myself too, though. My poor crippled self had to walk around this thing to get from one side of Reliant to the other. Yeah..no such thing as shortest distance between two points is a straight line here.

8 comments:
The last picture is the cutest ever. They look so happy! You are a brave woman to wear open toe shoes to an event like that...aside from the foot injury! :)
I was going to say the same thing...that picture is darling! Your kids really are the sweetest little things.
Looks like y'all had fun...my kids LOVED the super slide too.
That looks like so much fun! Glad you got to go! (Stitches and all)
Glad y'all made it! We waited till Saturday then had to give up - didn't feel like being blown around Reliant Park...
I believe that you, too, have the cutest kids ever. Especially the cutest redhead ever.
Can't imagine walking around all day at the rodeo with your wound. OUCH!
PS Your outfit is cute!
Katie - Your kids are adorable!
Post a Comment