Jeremy told them a bedtime story about five friends who each had their very own super power. They begged for one last story, but he left them wanting more. (In hindsight, maybe he should have given in.) They snuggled in around 11, so we did too. Jeremy went back upstairs at 12:30 and they were all up, all wired. It was time for B.E.D.
Then at 4:11 A.M. I was roused awake. Guess what I found in the living room? 4 boys. 2 had light sabers, 2 had Nerf guns. (1 smart boy was sleeping.) They were having a battle. In my living room. In the dark. At 4 in the MORNING. In my best groggy mom voice I said, "What is going on??????" with footsteps pattering upstairs their only response. Nice. Really.
What do you have for breakfast at a Mario sleepover? Mushroom muffins, of course. Use your imagination. I'm not Bakerella.

10 comments:
And I thought sleepovers with girls were bad - so this is what I have to look forward too! Sounds like fun!
Hahaha! That sounds like so much fun! I still can't believe he is 8! (And I still can't believe I never blogged my trip to Spring....)
That cake is amazing! Nathan and I been playing Mario Bros. Wii, so I can totally appreciate the cake. Happy Birthday to Thomas. Can't believe he's 8!
I think that if you get frosting for breakfast, it doesn't really matter if it's fire providing, or a perfect mushroom by any stretch. :) Way to go surviving. I do not envy you! Except for the really cute handsome son you have. :) Happy Birthday again, Thomas!
Where did you get that awesome Mario cake??
Wow...Rebecca's slumber party was tame compared to Thomas's!!!
And I gotta say, that Mario cake was awesome ;-)
Please tell me you did not make that cake. If that's what the other moms are doing I'm a little bit screwed.
Thomas is the cutest 8-year-old ever, and you and Jeremy obviously throw a mean slumber party. Way to be the cool parents!
It is my goal to never have a sleepover involving boys. You rock, Katie.
Happy 8th Birthday to Thomas. I think we won't have slumber parties......................
What an awesome party! Way to go, Katie!
Post a Comment