Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Fragments

You know, because it's not time for Sunday Snippets. It's Friday. Here's what's on my mind.

** Spring is coming. This excites me. I painted my toenails and pulled out the flip flops. It is time.

** Speaking of seasons...Birthday Season has started at our house. Beginning in February, we have six consecutive months of birthdays. Oh, and speaking of birthdays...today is my dad's. Happy Birthday, Podge.

** I'm not a fan of Windows 7. And every time I see one of those "I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea" commercials, I think, "Man, you're an idiot. And, bad idea."

** My friend had a baby yesterday. Welcome to the 3 Girls Club, Heidi!

** I'm going to see Remember Me tonight. It looks good. What? Robert Pattinson is in that movie? I had no idea! What's that? They'll be playing the Eclipse trailer beforehand? Are you kidding me? This day just keeps getting better.

** Anna is such a free spirit. I wish I had her coolness factor. She cut her hair a few weeks ago. I mean, we're talking chopped it up at school--three big chunks. Of course, she's Anna, so she pulls it off. She actually told me, "I think it looks really good." I said, "It may look really good, but don't do it again." To which she responded, "Mommy. It's so over."

Then she came downstairs dressed like this last week:

Pink shoes, boot-cut jeans, and a size 4 velvet Christmas dress. "Anna, you know that's a Christmas dress, right?" "Daddy said I look cute...and it's only the second day of March."

Touche.

9 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Anna is very cute and funny. You have been blogging less lately and I've had Katie withdrawal! Glad to see a post! Jealous you are wearing flip flops already...and so happy for Heids..right along with you! :) Happy Spring!

Kimberly said...

Sigh...I have not painted my toenails yet...I hate painting my toenails...and I don't like pedicures either. Drat!

the deKorne family said...

Anna and her Daddy have always had something special. :) I am all about wearing the dresses that are too small over something. Usually leggings, but jeans and heels works! :) Thanks for the shout out. Great to be in the club.

Tammy said...

Let me know if Remember Me is good. I have enjoyed watching the Eclipse trailer several times over the last few days - it was my favorite book so I can't wait. And on my birthday - doesn't get much better

Unknown said...

What! It came out last night..seriously..I had no idea...and a trailer was at the beginning..you learn something new everyday.. ;)

Jennifer said...

I too am so excited about flip-flop weather....and Eclipse...and Anna is just about the cutest thing ever.

Cheryl said...

I love your posts.

Bring on the flip-flops!

Lauren said...

I LOVE Anna. She rocks!

sharon said...

You read Alice in Wonderland? I LOVE that you did that.! Can't wait to see Remember Me (all by myself, ahem) and spring has come and gone in the desert. It's summertime, baby. See you soon.