It all started with The Cove~a painfully disturbing (and this year's Oscar winning) documentary about dolphins. The movie was over, I swore to never visit Sea World again, and decided to go to bed. I was walking down the stairs in my slipper socks, phone in hand, visualizing marine mammals frolicking in their natural habitat when it happened.
I missed a step. I only had three to go, but just lost my footing. Before I knew it, I was on the hardwood floor whimpering. Twisted ankle? Broken tailbone, you ask? No, worse. Broken BlackBerry. Her screen went blank. She was still receiving messages, but couldn't give them to me. She became like Tommy--the deaf, dumb, and blind
I'm not eligible for an upgrade. Not for two months. They wanted $425 for a replacement. Wow. If only I'd watched The Cove in May, when it would be too warm for slipper socks. ;)
She's having an $80 surgery today to repair her screen. Let's hope she's back to her old self in no time.
To be continued...
3 comments:
Oh man so sorry about the phone. I washed my cell phone on Sunday - tried drying it out in rice to no avail. We were planning on switching cell carriers so hopefully this weekend I'll have a new one. I hope no one has been trying to reach me!!
You are your mother's daughter when it comes to missing a couple of stairs....didn't hurt my precious phone, just my big toe and my pride!
Oh Katie. As Mama said earlier--RIP (she told me she wrote the words out "in case you didn't know what they stood for"! laughed out loud at her for that one)
I am missing your phone because I have called you on it before remembering you don't have it more than once! I hope they can fix it--y'all should look into the phone insurance--it's helped us (D) out several times!
Post a Comment