R is for Rodeo: It's that time again. The rodeo is in town, and you know what that means? It's time for the kids to dress like cowboys/cowgirls for rodeo day at school. Okay, let's be honest here. (I'm always honest here, actually.) We're not rodeo people. Is it okay for a native Texan to say that? Well, I just did. We're not. We don't own boots. We don't braid our hair. A western shirt might involve a collar and buttons, so we don't own one of those, either. So every year I'm scrambling to find something for the kids to wear at the last minute. This year, pig tails and bandanas will have to be enough. Yeehaw.
R is for Rihanna: [Pop culture commentary time] Her (famous) boyfriend beat her to a bloody pulp, and girls everywhere are watching her. It's the classic abuse case--she loves him in spite of the beating. She won't break up with him because he swore he'd never do it again. That saddens me. Really?! Really? Come on!
R is for Rainman: So, I scared the tootles out of some moms at the preschool today. I was at a meeting, when I told this lady that I saw her driving on Saturday. (She has a personalized license plate, so she's easy to spot.) NONE of the ladies in the room had ever noticed. Really?! I notice it every day. Although I was puzzled that no one had noticed this before, I proceded to tell just about every lady in there that I knew what she drove. (I don't even know all their names...ha) "Sure. You drive a Suburban; you were behind me the whole way to school. You drive a Honda Accord. You drive a late model Toyota Sienna with a Jesus fish bumper sticker. You drive a silver Nissan Quest, etc." The room got quiet. Not sure if they were impressed with my mad Rainman brain skills, or if they think I'm going to track down their vehicle and steal their children away in the night.
R is for Rose: Isn't she ravishing?


8 comments:
you are RAD! i just spent 20 minutes trying to think of an "R" word to describe you...sorry that the best I could do was rad! hey..it's better than ridiculous and it brings back fond memories of the 80's. :) this post was funny...i am totally with you on the rihanna thing...what the heck?!
Oh to have been at the PEP meeting today. Little Gym Schmittle Gym.
Katie...you crack me up.
rose IS ravishing. if only there were such lovely words to make alliteration of all our children. kaiya is kool? i don't know. thomas is tall? hmmmmmmmm.
some people have it, some people don't. some people don't pay attention to anything, and some people pay attention to everything. i think most people aren't very observant. i find it very natural that you would know the make a model of all the cars. too funny. rose is super cute.
I agree with EVERY statement you made in this! AND...I think they were definitely impressed with your rainman skills! (I do the same thing, Katie! I love it!)
Rose is a beauty!
I have no skills..I seriously can NOT tell you what you drive...I know the color..but, that is it..In fact, I don't know what my parents drive..or my brothers..I am completely unobservant..that can not be a good thing...But, thank God you are..who else could I use as my GPS?
the rainman one cracked me up. I usually notice what people drive too. Who knows why. That's awesome. And... if people have personalized plates they are asking to be noticed!
Post a Comment