The laundry doesn't get put away. (Don't ask whether or not it's still on the drum table...and the couch...and the chair...and the ottoman. Come ON! The blog is called Laundry and Laughter.)

They don't get sugars from the baby...who, by the way, does NOT look like a baby anymore. It was torture, I'm telling you--not scooping her up and smothering her with kisses.

They might miss a milestone...like when Miss Lucy's perfect, pale baby-soft knee became skinned for the first time as she crawled along the driveway with her brother and sisters.

But, when Mama's sick...
*the girls get special Daddy time in the middle of the day. McDonald's on a Thursday? No joke!
*Daddy greets Thomas at the bus stop.
*the kids get a special home-cooked dinner by Daddy of oven-baked chicken legs. Jeremy said they only get to eat dark meat on the bone when I'm sick. Ha.
(I won't mention that when Mama's sick, Daddy gets to make an important business call with Rose and Lucy screaming in the background. Well, okay, so I mentioned it. Sue me.)
4 comments:
so sorry you were sick! that's no fun. glad you have such a good husband. :) i hear you on the organization become disorganization. it's my world right now. clothes from newborn to 4T strewn about.
OMG! Lucy does NOT look like a baby, Katie! But, my oh my....she is PRECIOUS! I can't wait to come see y'all!!!! 4 days! :)
Bummer about being sick Katie...last time I was sick, I was in bed for nearly the whole day. That NEVER happens to me...cause you know me...the recovering OCD neat freak. David had to do everything, but he was a trooper as always.
Man, I gotta get all the spring clothes out this week too...my least favorite, seasonal chore. I'm going to have the older 2 kids do their clothes themeselves...
Feel better, little Momma!
Post a Comment