Monday, December 8, 2008

Quotes for Advent

This is our 3rd year to have an Advent chain with something special for every day in December. When I was deciding how we would tear off the links, the easiest thing I could think of was to go alphabetical. Anna-Rose-Thomas, Anna-Rose-Thomas, and so on.

Thomas is not used to being last.

Thomas: We're going alphabetical?!? That's not fair!

Me: Thomas, it is too fair. Don't get so worked up. Geez.

Thomas (after I watched him mouth the ABC's): I've been thinking. I'd like to go by my middle name. Call me Major starting today.


******************************************
Yesterday was the 2nd Sunday of Advent. We have the chain. We say a special prayer each night before dinner. Thomas even knows that Advent means coming, and it's a time of waiting. Apparently, I can talk about Advent until I'm blue in the face, and it will never be enough.

At church yesterday morning...

Me: Thomas, can you see the Advent wreath? He's lighting the second candle...look!

Thomas: It's the second day of Hanukkah?

*****************************


I liked this picture--thought I'd share.

Photobucket

6 comments:

the deKorne family said...

that made me laugh out loud. so funny. can't wait to see them all! precious picture.

MELANIE said...

I love Thomas! Cute picture of all of them.

Mama/Linda said...

Adorable picture! And Thomas is such a boy.

Tammy said...

Okay, for some reason, that just makes me feel better!!

Lauren said...

Thomas is just greatness!

Cheryl said...

That reminds me of a friend that I work with. She came home from school one day (she was in first grade, I think) and declared that she wanted to go by her middle name. Her paretns agreed and she has been lauren ever since. They didn't even put up a fight.