This morning, the New Kids on the Block were on the Today Show. Oh. My. Goodness. They've been talking about it all week. The big reunion after 15 long years, so I had to see what the buzz was all about. I was sitting in my glider feeding Lucy--tears in my eyes with embarrassment for them.
These men...yes, men...are nearing 40. They were dressed the same, doing the same song and dance routine from 1989. You know the one--"oh oh oh oh oh, the right stuff." And not only that, but they just can't sing anymore. It was hard to watch. They must have no dignity left. And what's worse, there have been women...in their 30s...lined up to watch them for over 48 hours now. Really? Really?
I liked NKOTB when I was 11. Let's see, when I was 11 I liked calling my friends to see if we could dress the same the next day, I wore Units, I had a perm, and liked bubblegum flavored lip gloss.
I can just imagine what the American Idol judges would say:
Randy: Check it out, check it out. I don't know, dawg. I'm just not feeling it. It was pitchy all over the place. Not my favorite, man.
Paula: What I love about you guys is that you have that charm. (insert screaming from the girls in the audience) When you look into the camera, you can melt hearts.
Simon: If I'm being totally honest with you...it was dreadful. (insert booing from the girls) The dancing was hideous, you were off-key, and your song choices were horrible.
7 comments:
Well, I had to delete the last post as I noticed a typo, and I just can't have that. So, what I said was.....
I laughed tears! Sadly, for me, I was just a little too old for New Kids, but I can tell you that I am not to old for the Idol judges. You, my dear, nailed it....
October 16, 2008..Toyota center..7:30.. NKOTB=Ever..I wonder if I can my I love Jordan button...
That is hilarious. I love the new design too. It's sad that I work on websites all day and mine doesn't look better than it does.
that's an awesome post katie. you make me laugh so hard. you were so right on on the AI judge comments! you know, i think i have a box of new kids' stuff up in mama and daddy's attic still...
Too funny...but something makes me still love them... : )
I hope that make it to Texas ...ahh the old preteen days. Do I really want to relive them!!
HI...LAR...I...OUS!
Post a Comment