Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hangin' with the girls

Thomas has 2 1/2 more weeks of school, then he'll be hanging with the girls for the summer. Here are some pictures from the last couple days. Lucy is SUCH a cuddle bug. I'm going to borrow some slings from people to see if she likes them. She wants me to hold her almost every waking minute. She's the baby, so I don't mind spoiling her just a little...okay, whatever, she's rotten. She's getting so big, so fast. She's wearing 3-6 month clothes already. This onesie is from Melanie, and it says, "Someday I'll demand a pony."

How big is Lucy? SOOOO Big!

The future's so bright...
you've gotta wear shades.
Anna fell asleep today on Thomas's bed during quiet time. Rose is in the process of moving into her big girl bed in Anna's room, so Anna's quiet time has changed. I told her to get her dogs out of her room so Rose could nap, but she lolly-gagged and didn't do it in time. She must have been so upset that she fell asleep. There's something about a sleeping child. Time just stands still. As I looked at her, I was taken back to when she was my little cuddle bug 4 years ago.Anna--5 weeks
You never get this time back. I never fully appreciated it until Rose was born. Something about having that third one made me shift my perspective. So, yes, I'm gonna cuddle baby Lucy until she has to ask me to stop.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh, Katie! I love those pictures! What a beautifully written blog!

Jennifer said...

If you have five, I'll have four....

MELANIE said...

That is so sweet of Anna asleep both at 4 years and 8 weeks. Lucy is getting so big and smiley! Can't wait to see EVERYONE this weekend!! :)

Anonymous said...

Katie, you make me laugh and you make me cry. You always know just how to say things. I know just what you mean about the fourth one...Aubrey is still my baby and she knows it. BTW, LOVE the website facelift!