Friday, May 9, 2008

How's Rose?

Lots of people have been asking that question, so I thought I'd blog a little about our Rosie. How is she? Pretty bent of shape, to put it mildly. She's having quite a little adjustment period. She likes Lucy (Tucy), and is very curious about her, but she makes me nervous when she's around her. The second question she asks every morning when I get her out of bed (after she asks "Where'd Daddy go?") is "Where's Tucy?" I'm usually afraid to tell her for fear that Lucy will be smothered, poked, hit, picked up...

The other day I was making Anna's lunch for school. Lucy was in her bouncy seat, and Rose was sitting next to her, telling her a story. I thought it was sort of cute. I was watching them from the kitchen--but didn't have my glasses on. Just when I thought, 'gosh, this would be a great photo op,' I heard a gagging sound. I squinted my eyes just a bit, and noticed that Rose's finger was ALL the way in Lucy's mouth. She was probably grabbing on to little Tucy's uvula. Lucy's arms were flailing about and her face was reddish purple. Nice.

Then, last night we met Jeremy at Wendy's for dinner after swim lessons. I was holding Lucy in my lap next to Rose. Jeremy had taken the older two to the line to buy them a Frosty. I was daydreaming--or sleeping with my eyes open--because I looked down, and Rose had finger painted all over Lucy's head...with ketchup. Again, nice.

But even though she's a 23 month old who likes to say 'no' and hit people and throw things and run the opposite direction when I call her, she's still Sweet Rose. You should hear her sing along with You Are My Sunshine. It's priceless.

Lucy is 6 weeks!

4 comments:

MELANIE said...

Poor "Tucy"!! (I love how Brady calls her "Wucy".) Poor Rose too--she wasn't the baby for too long. Hopefully they'll grow up to be best buds. :)

Susan said...

Rose's rendition of "Tucy, tatatucy.."is pretty cute too.
She truly is one of a kind...

The Torno's said...

It was hard not to laugh when I read the ketchup finger painting part. I don't know how you keep up with all of them :)

Lauren said...

All I have to say is...yesterday I was listening to the radio and this woman won a trip to Cancun. The people on the station said she deserved it because her hands were full with an 8 year old and 3 year old! I beg to differ! YOU deserve a trip to get away from your 6, 4, 23 month old, and 6 week old! I love your kids!