Sunday, April 24, 2011

The more things change...

The more they stay the same.

This evening, Jeremy and I were looking through Easter photos from every year starting in 2003. We watched as our family went from one kid to two kids to three, etc. But what stood out was how similar our Easters seem to be.

Every year there are pictures with shirtless kids dying eggs. (Every other year I'm pregnant.)

Every year we take a hundred of these

just to get one of these.

Every year someone finds the giant egg, and someone else is inevitably not happy for their sibling.
Every year at least one person botches the family photo at church.

Every year Jeremy grills ribs while the kids play outside. Every year we listen to music and walk barefoot in the grass. Every year these kids of ours grow bigger. Every year we revisit the Resurrection eggs the kids made at preschool. Every year I twitter Christ is risen! Alleluia! Every year I love Holy Week even more than the year prior, and I try to find something "new" that I haven't heard before in the gospels. I love Easter.


Oh. And every year everyone gets to personalize one of the eggs.

Even Bonus Baby got one this year...


14 comments:

Melissa said...

I like his name. I love how clever you are, just trying to sneak it in at the end. Happy Easter.

MELANIE said...

I love all your Easter traditions and I love this post. I love that we can now call Bonus Baby by his name now!!!!! Isaac :) I love it and him already :)

Mama/Linda said...

I think Isaac is the perfect name for Bonus Baby! A very unique and strong name. Can't wait to meet him.

Lauren said...

Isaac is the perfect name. I love your posts. I pray that I can be as creative as you the more I post!

The Torno's said...

You guys always pick great names. Love it.

Jennifer said...

I'm sitting in a Starbucks in New York teary-eyed. Seeing his name made me cry. I absolutely love it. And love all of you!

Erin said...

What a beautiful name! I can't wait to meet him.

Kimberly said...

Issac is a perfect name for your bonus baby! That was one of your best post yet Katie

parsonsfamily said...

Such a great post Katie! I love Bonus Baby's name, and what a cute reveal!!

Tammy said...

Love it!!

Abby said...

Such a great name, and such a beautiful family. Love how sweet your girls look in their Easter dresses!

Crady said...

Love the name! Can't wait to meet little Isaac!!

Unknown said...

tears. a lot of tears. i love the liardons clan..so much.

the deKorne family said...

ok so you decided fast! i feel like just two days ago you didn't know! so precious...love the name and all of you and can't WAIT to see him in your pictures next year!