2. What's up with maternity swim wear? Can I just vent for a moment? First of all, I own one maternity swimsuit. I wore it when I was pregnant with Rose and took a prenatal fitness class that included water aerobics. It's bright pink. And it's a halter. And, well, what else is there? I'll be the huge pink pregnant lady with not a lot of support for the girls, if you catch my drift.
When I'm not pregnant (which is roughly every other year if you're counting, but I've never been pregnant through the summer), I wear a swimsuit with a skirt. Trust me...there are just parts of me that people need not see. I consider it a small community service to cover those parts. But, while looking online for a cute suit, there is nary a skirt to be found. I guess these swimsuit designers are thinking, Everyone will be looking at her huge belly. Who cares about the bottoms? Well, ME!
Then I went to Target on Friday night. Y'all. No. No. No. No. No. Just horrid. Shorts? Tents? Is there no in between here? It's enough to bring on a mild panic attack. Come to think of it, I had a mild panic attack on Saturday about the baby, but I'm not sure it was anything at all about the swimsuit.
3. Another year. Another field day. The kids had fun. But there were two epic fails that I noticed at this year's games. First, having the First Graders swing a large jumprope with a partner, and then invite someone to come and jump in the middle. This, after the First Graders have never seen a jumprope this big before, nor have they done this activity. Failure.
3 comments:
Ohhh good old Metzler. Mark and I still say "Trace has rules" pretty much weekly. Sorry about the skirt part. Not that it's any consolation but if I had your legs I'd be running around naked. Just saying. Hope little RJ goes easy on you this summer!
I will get your email address and send you a link to the website where I got my maternity swimsuit. I also wanted a skirt and found a pretty good option online (and the top and bottoms came in seperate sizes which was a miracle for my body...the girls needed support over here too!) P.S. You look cute pregnant. :)
I'm sorry about the maternity wear Katie. I feel your pain.
I did find most of my things on the clearance rack at Motherhood, and Kid to Kid on Louetta. Maybe you can go check there.
Post a Comment