Monday, April 4, 2011

Insomnia

I haven't been sleeping very well lately. This pregnancy has been overall happy and healthy, but with it has also come some very irritating symptoms I'll be glad to be rid of in 18 weeks. A couple nights a week I have trouble sleeping. I watch the clock tick away, usually stressing the closer the clock gets to my wake-up time. This morning I was up from 2:45-5:15. My brain, in need of some quality REM sleep, went straight to dreaming for 45 minutes I guess until the alarm went off at 6:00.

The dream went something like this:

My alarm went off at 6:00. I immediately shouted a bad 4-letter word. I looked up and saw a man, wearing a blue suit, in the doorway to our bedroom. I asked Jeremy "what the hell" this man was doing there. He said, "Oh, that's David*. He works with me. I didn't know he was coming here to get the payroll."


*names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Then, all of a sudden, I'm in the kitchen. I decided to make orange danish rolls for breakfast. I heated the oven, took them out of the tube, placed them in to bake, and then went outside where a giant bubble competition was happening in my backyard, which coincidentally was also "Discovery Green" in downtown Houston.


I remembered that I didn't put the orange danish rolls separately on the baking sheet. I left them stuck together, and just threw them in the oven. I went to fix my mistake, but the rolls were expanding and sticking to the top of the oven. I reached for a spatula to prevent them from sticking any more, but every time I opened the oven there were loaves of bread~in the bag~on the oven racks. I kept reaching in to get them, and I remember wondering where on earth they were coming from. I was so nervous that the bags were going to start melting in the oven.

At 6:00, my alarm went off. I turned on my back, and started recounting the dream to Jeremy. He started cracking up. "What is so funny, Jeremy?"

"Sounds like you've got too many buns in the oven, babe."

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

He nailed it, baby.

The Moser Fam... said...

Insomnia sucks...sorry! I'm just impressed that you can remember all the details of your dream like that. I wake up and instantly forget 90% of mine. When do we get a belly picture?? :)

Kimberly said...

Oh Katie...that was hilarious.

I can't believe you only have 18 weeks to go.

the deKorne family said...

i literally lol'ed. and i don't do that often.

Lauren said...

Hehehehe! Jeremy is funny! (So is your dream!) Just bizarre!

txartist62 said...

ok, you probably don't remember me, but....i am heidi's friend from the woodlands and we met briefly at Goose's Acre years ago....i think i recall you had 2 adorable kids and a small baby (or maybe it was 2 total? i'm old, i forget these details :)... anyway, i just had to tell you that i am not a blog stalker (really!) but i added your blog to those that i like to read - after clicking on a link from heidi's blog (i think it was the one re: the pressure socks...need i say more?!). i laughed so hard at that one and continue to enjoy your blog so much :) this post had me laughing out loud (as heidi said) - just too funny! you really should write a daily blog that people subscribe to - you would be rolling in it, i'm sure :) ~bobbi :)