
We hired a plumber. Guess what he brought with him? No. He didn't bring crack. Sheesh. He brought a snake. No dice. But he did flush an entire roll of toilet paper down the toilet to prove that it was "working for now, but I can't guarantee it will last." Oh, you're too kind.
Well, time went on. The toilet started flushing weird. Then one day, it just wouldn't work. So we did what anyone else would do...we locked the door to the bathroom, and just stopped going in there all together. We were convinced the problem would just go away on its own eventually. What? Have I not mentioned that we're lazy? Oh, we are. About some things.
Well, that too, became ridicleus (as Rose would say)--such a hassle bathing the girls downstairs in our tub. So, I hired another plumber. (His last name was Plummer. Can I get a what what?) He marches into our house with a snake. "Oh, we've already tried that. It didn't work," Jeremy tried to explain to the professional. Mr. Plummer the Plumber just gave him a smirk like, Are you kidding me? I've got snake skills.
An HOUR later, he comes out of the bathroom to reveal the prize. The "four months and $350-in-all" prize. There it was, dangling on the end of his snake. It was a purple foam Dora's backpack tub toy. That's it? It could have at least been something exciting...like a Superman figurine, or a long lost piece of jewelry. Oh well.

5 comments:
Oh I bet you wished for Gary the roto-rooter man! He could have just sent a camera right down the line and found that toy NO SWEAT. That's hilarious...and I hope our girls never do that, we have a weak septic. :)
Sorry the toilet prize wasn't anything special...but at least it flushes again.
Oh, my gosh. Doubled-over laughing. I remember when we were there this summer and the first plummer had just left that day. That was one expensive Dora toy.
You know what? I just realized I spelled it "plummer" on my last comment. Hilarious.
Darn Dora! :) Glad you can use the bathroom again!
Post a Comment