Thomas: Mommy, remember when I used to say funny things and you wouldn't correct me because you thought it was cute and funny?
My thought: Well, yeah! You were adorable when you wanted a rock 'n roll "yuh-guitar" for Christmas, you laughed at my "belly buppon" when I was pregnant and it was a definite outie, your favorite channel on the "T-the" was Noggin, and what is a plate of spaghetti without (my all-time favorite) "pajamas-on cheese?"
My actual response: Yes.
Thomas: Well, can you tell me now if I say something wrong? It's not funny anymore when you're a 2nd grader.
*********************************
How did we go from this little guy making these cute quips ......to this in such a short period of time?
Thomas: Mommy, you missed it. We scored on an XY fly, and then I scored on a CY handoff left.

Well, at least he still calls me Mommy.
8 comments:
I love him!
Sigh...I feel the same way.
He's still adorable Katie.
Aww...I have a feeling I'll be thinking this same thing in no time! He's a doll.
Is he in the military??? What the heck does that stuff even mean? So cute. Can't believe he is in 2nd grade and talking like an aviator.
Oh Katie, it stings because as moms we can look into their eyes and still see the toddler and infant. Then they say something that blows us away. I know what you mean. I do think it's funny that he told you to correct him.
*Tear*
Tell him to stop growing up! Soon I won't be his "favorite aunt Lauren..." I will be his annoying old aunt from Fort Worth that always makes him hug her....Sad day!
(PS I finally updated during my lunch!)
*sigh*
why can't they stay little? time goes too fast! I love Thomas!! :)
'member when he thought the words were "if you like peanut pajamas"
hahaha :)
Post a Comment