Sunday, July 5, 2009

Minivan Verse

I said I'd never drive one.
In fact, I was rather smug.
"I won't be caught dead driving that,"
'twas before I caught the fertility bug.
Now we officially own it--
got the title in the mail.
"Congratulations! You own a minivan!"
No more payments on this sale.
I really must admit this--
(and eating words is not my forte...)
I have fallen in love with this vehicle.
Running errands is a total heyday.
Who doesn't enjoy automatic doors
and a school bus rear view mirror?
There's ample room for my precious cargo...
How can I make this clearer?
The kids can watch a movie
while I jam out to my iPod.
With leather seats and temp controls
it's become my dazzling hot rod.
Nothing says "she's lost her edge"
like pulling up in this Toyota.
I'm a mom with 4 kids...I'm practical now.
And don't regret it one iota.
Photobucket

10 comments:

Tammy said...

love my minivan too, katie!

Kimberly said...

You sure know how to rhyme...

and your van looks really clean.

Mine desperately needs a bath!

MELANIE said...

That's awesome! I LOVE your poems! :)

Mama/Linda said...

Very cute and clever! I had 3 kids and never had a minivan. Just crammed y'all in the backseat!! Remember the LONG ride to Kansas City??? He He!!

parsonsfamily said...

love your poems...cracks me up. I bet you would make a good rapper as well.

Susan said...

i wonder what song could be playing on that ipod..love this post..your creativity is awesome...

Lauren said...

Ha ha ha! This is too great! I wish I was as creative as you!!!

Jenny said...

That's awesome.

Gulp! I wonder how long we'll be able to fit our family in my Honda Accord!

stephanie said...

This post makes me happy! After 1 week of minivan ownership (well, with monthly payments of course) I already love it!

Jennifer said...

Love the minivan poem. You're so clever.