Er, hold up. Screeeeeeech. Wait just one minute.
Yesterday Lucy was walking around with a sippy cup of milk. (Oh my gosh! Did anyone else just think of those Lonestar song lyrics "There's a carrot top who can barely walk with a sippy cup of milk...? I digress.)
Anyway, she would take a step, throw her cup down, watch a few drops spill out (we have crappy sippy cups), then rub it all over the floor. Take a step, throw her cup down...you get the picture. I told her "no-no," but she just gave me the silliest grin and continued.
I walked over to her, took her cup away from her, and with my firm voice said, "Lucy, NO. We do NOT throw our cup and make a mess." As I put the cup on the counter out of her reach, and her bottom lip commensed to stick out, followed by crying, Anna interrupted with the most exasperated voice I've ever heard.
"MOMMY! Lucy is a BABY! Look. You are annoying her!"
Are we creating a monster? a diva? a (dare I even say it...) spoiled brat?
Oh, but just look at the itty angel with the silly grin, happy to be with her great-grandparents!!

5 comments:
Yes, we created one of those in Brandon too. Although, even sisters are realizing now that we are creating a monster!!
Our Gabriel (he's even named after an angel) has really become a busy little beast lately. And the girls have noticed it too...although they call him "baby" all the time. He wants to be held with his blankie 24/7. Can you say "SPOILED?"
Oh, but she's so cute!
Hee hee! Definitely not a spoiled brat! I mean....who ever heard of the youngest in the family being a spoiled brat? (Says the youngest of her family...)
Yes, you are creating a spoiled brat and get ready to hear it from lots of people who think you're raising her wrong. But keep it up...she's #4 and she gets to be spoiled. She has earned her right to have all the attention. And although many people may still think I've spoiled Aubrey, I would do it all over again. :)
Post a Comment