Friday, July 3, 2009

Her Majesty, the Queen of eBay

How many Lucy Maes do you know?

Scratch that. How many Lucy Maes do you know with orange hair and blue eyes?

I know. I thought so too. I knew of only one until just the other day...


Look what Jeremy's aunt Susan found on eBay? It's a vintage Lucy Mae doll from the 1950s. Can you even believe that? I mean, when you have a vintage name like Lucy Mae, I guess it's possible...but, seriously? Well, I suwannee.*

*Sorry, all this vintage talk has got me talkin' vintage. (For those of you not born in the first half of the last century, it means "Well, I declare..." At least, I'm pretty sure it does.)

So, Susan, by the power vested in me, by me, I officially crown you Queen of all things eBay.

And, Susan, don't get in a tizzy (like you ever do...). The doll was only in her hands for the photo op, then put safely away, far from her reach.

Photobucket

4 comments:

MELANIE said...

That is adorable!! :)

Lauren said...

That's funny! I love her little LucyMae doll!

Tammy said...

That is so cute - I love the doll!

Susan said...

adorable. simply adorable.