Lucy had her tests at the hospital on Friday morning. I think it all boiled down to the doctor being overly cautious--everyone said things looked great. The radiologist even said that her bladder was "beautiful...just beautful." Okay...
Checking in
Checking in
First stop--renal ultrasound
The second sonographer said her kidneys looked great. The first one didn't say anything~she took the ultrasound, left, and came back with the second lady to have another look. I think she might be new because she mistook Lucy's bladder for her uterus. It's weird when someone talks about the uterus and cervix of your sweet 7-month old.
Next Stop--X-ray Room
Next Stop--X-ray RoomThis was the sad part. They inserted a catheter, and filled her bladder with water. Then they took a real-time X-ray to make sure the water didn't reflux from the bladder back into her kidneys. It didn't.
(Yes, it was chilly enough on Friday morning for me to sport my velour jumpsuit for the first time this season, btw.)
Jeremy modeling the beautiful, purple radiology apron. Awesome.


How cute is she in her Raggedy Ann gown? We had to wait for her to empty her bladder before we could leave. It took her awhile. She got pee-shy.


11 comments:
she is exceptionally cute! so thankful everything is ok :)
She is adorable. How cute is that picture of her lying on the hospital bed with her legs up...and those precious fingers in her mouth! Makes me miss your whole cute family...
I'm glad everything is okay with sweet, little Lucy! She is soooo cute! :)
Glad everything is ok - what a cutie!
I am glad Lucy checked out fine...she looked like a trooper! Bless her heart!
Yay for Lucy! Glad everything went well.
Glad that all is ok!
that doesn't sound fun. i would have been in a bad mood, but Miss L was all smiles
Glad to hear she is okay. Love the picture of Lucy and Jeremy
so glad everything is ok...I know what you mean. Addison had to go through all that yucky catheter stuff a few months ago and it was not fun. Lucy was such a great sport though!
I am glad your little one is ok! I have heard these tests can be really uncomfortable.
Post a Comment