Well, it's getting old. Finding her in there, already wanting a "snack" at 9:00 in the morning. Awaking to a box of Cheerios being shoved in my face at 6:30 (or worse, waking up to Cheerios in the sheets with me--ugh). Finding bags of fruit snacks all over the house. Stepping on a pile of salt, or some other item from the spice rack, as I run in to grab a quick snack. Seriously.
"Get a lock for your pantry--good-ness," you may be thinking. Yeah, I've been thinking that for about 18 months now. Laziness trumps action around here. At least, until the other day. I stumbled into the kitchen, eyes groggy, feet heavy, ready to make coffee. "Why is the pantry door open--it's 6:40?" I thought.
ROSE. Sitting in the pantry. Already eaten (note--swallowed, not chewed) 3 pieces of gum, a poptart, and had poured the container of dill weed all over her pillow. Sometimes, enough is enough.


We should have known--here's Rose in March 2007. This picture was taken 2 days after her 9-month checkup, when the doctor said to avoid giving her chocolate until her 1st birthday. Lovely.
11 comments:
That Rose....you gotta love her!!!
Too funny... because my exact words after reading this were "That Rose"
Katie, I can hear you now...
"ROSE!!!"
I have the best pics of Gabriel in the pantry, diggin' into a box of Cheerioes and lovin' every minute of it.
Rose is smart, she knows where the good stuff is. My child thinks it's in the trash can...
Love the new lock - I might have to get one of those when Garrett figures out the door knob thing!
that's my kinda girl :) i remember that chocolate incident like it was yesterday. you just always have good stuff in your pantry too! i enjoyed raiding it myself :)
LOVE her!! Her infatuation with the pantry reminds me of how you and Jeremy were so pleased when you finally had a child who ate food. I guess enough is enough though, huh? :)
hee hee hee...i only WISH Brady would get in the pantry and try new things!!! Rose is awesome.
Great idea. Anna still can't open doors with spinners but it won't be long before she can. The lock will be next.
when i was little, and i knew my mom wasn't around. i would eat sugar, and drink sprinkles. i don't know why i did that. i guess becuase i could. i relate with rose.
Totally. Cracks. Me. Up!
Post a Comment