Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Miss Manners

In the aftermath of Ike, we lost three trees. We lost power for almost two weeks. But to top it all off, I lost control of my children. It was not a good situation. We evacuated for a few days to my parents' house, and the kids (names withheld to protect their identity) managed to break a storm door, tear a dust ruffle off the guest bed, play with rat traps in the garage (baited and waiting to strike an unsuspecting little critter), bite a hole in my mom's new leather stool...Believe me. It wasn't pretty.

And lately, they've been so demanding...almost rude. You know it's bad when the grandparents start offering parenting books and comments like "If I had her for a week, she wouldn't do that again." Oh boy.

Well, we're making progress. At breakfast the other day, Rose chirped, "Get me juice!" To which I responded, "Rose. That is not kind. How do we ask for something?"

"Nicely."

I had to leave the room.

But, it's a start.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hang in there Katie...our Rebecca's got a little attitude adjustment going on right now. The convent is starting to look better and better...

the deKorne family said...

Write it down when you figure it out so you can tell me what to do. :) You are funny-and a great mom...

Jennifer said...

hee, hee, hee - I can laugh b/c I know the pain :)

taylor said...

did ya'll manage to catch the rat? Rose is freakin awesome, I am laughing so hard

Katie said...

No, didn't catch the rat. But, we saw him walking along my mom's fence...NOT scared of us at all. Shouldn't he be?

Lauren said...

That is SO Rose! Funny! (And such fabulous grammar for a two year old!)

Caroline George said...

This makes me laugh ... and makes me think about all that I have to look forward too!!

Jennifer said...

Love it.