Monday, September 8, 2008

Music Monday

(Click on the playlist --------------------->It's a cool song.)

Every time I hear certain songs I am reminded of a beautiful time~a simpler time. Indigo Girls, Green Day, The Mamas and the Papas, Nancy Griffith. I am back in high school, in the passenger seat of a little gray Toyota truck, Taylor at the wheel. We would drive around town with the windows down, singing along to our favorite music. We had the kind of friendship you see in movies--we laughed, shared our dreams and fears, talked about boys, smoked our first cigarette. She could complete my sentences and I could always predict when she would order the spinach enchiladas at a Mexican food restaurant.


We haven't lived in the same town since high school~but when we get together, time stands still. My mom always said we were kindred spirits~and I have to agree. I still love to hear her voice on the other end of the phone...she always knows the perfect thing to write in a birthday card...she's smart, responsible, and loyal. And today...she's old.


Happy Birthday, Taylor.


Photobucket

5 comments:

stephanie said...

She is also a fabulous aunt!!! Happy Birthday Tay-Tay!!!

the deKorne family said...

i'm a little partial to the wood song.

Lauren said...

Aww...that song makes me think of y'all, too! How fabulous! Happy birthday, Taylor!

Mama/Linda said...

Happy Birthday, Taylor! That's my all-time fave Indigo Girls song, too. For the record....you're not old!!

taylor said...

Cute Pic! Thanks for the posting honor:)