Monday, May 13, 2013

We went to Napa!

It's been over three years since we took a trip without the kids.  I love traveling with my kids.  But I also like traveling without them.  And what better place to go without them than Napa Valley?  I thought Napa was absolutely breathtaking.  The landscape, the weather, the people, the wine, the food.  Everything.  Breathtaking. 
 
What do you do when the fog rolls in when you're scheduled for a hot air balloon ride?
 You eat breakfast at the Boon Fly Café,
 take pictures on the swing,
 and have a Bloody Mary with bacon.  And yes, I'll have coffee with my cream.
 
First winery stop:  Cakebread




 
Next winery stop:  Far Niente



Our tour guide--Zach of all trades, Master of none  AKA, the oldest Zach in California
 Zach liked taking pictures with my camera.  I have quite a few.  Here's the only picture I have of the six of us.
 Zach also was obsessed with posing us like it was prom night.  I love how in love Shawn and Shonna look in their photo.  I'm giving Zach a look because he said "Smile like it's prom and they're playing Don't You Forget About Me."  Um, buddy, I am NOT that old.

 
 The tour included the Far Niente garage, which was awesome.


Peekaboo, I see you.
 



 When Shonna started planning our trip, she had no idea that the first annual Napa Bottle Rock music festival was scheduled for the exact same dates.  Score.  Jeremy was sold on the trip the minute he found out The Violent Femmes would be playing. 
 
We secured a good spot on the lawn the night they were playing, and lo and behold, who should be standing a few feet away from us?  Gordon Gano, the lead singer of The Violent Femmes.  Jeremy nearly came out of his skin.  So, he was excited, right?  The band came on and announced since it was the 30th anniversary of the release of their self titled album, they would be playing it, in its entirety, from start to finish.  Let's just say, Jeremy may have had a religious experience during the concert.  He even make the Napa Valley newspaper the next day.  Number.  One.  Fan.

Gordon Gano and Jeremy


No comments: