Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Napa, continued

What do you do when the fog rolls in and you can't go on that hot air balloon ride?  You go to Bouchon, people and dog watch, giggle together at being first in line at the most popular bakery in Napa because no one else in town is awake, and eat scrumptious pastries (or peanut butter cookies). 
 
 
First winery stop day 2: Chateau Montelena
 This winery was gorgeous.  We didn't tour this one, just did a tasting.

 This is the winery depicted in the movie Bottle Shock, telling the story of the Judgment of Paris, when California wines beat out French wines in a contest.



 Next winery stop: Schramsberg Vineyards

 This was my favorite tour for sure!  I loved it from start to finish.
 I loved the history,
 and I loved the champagne.
 Next winery stop: Silver Oak Cellars
This was the only picture I took here.  We were happy.
 We had dinner at the French Laundry to celebrate Shawn and Shonna's 10th anniversary.  It was fancy, fun, delicious, and just unreal. 

No comments: