1. I saw Dave Matthews Band for the 15th time on Friday with Susan, Sharon, and Melanie. I love seeing him, but it's just not the same when I can't see him with a sister. I'm so glad it worked out that Melanie could be here. Next year is the 20th anniversary of Under the Table and Dreaming. We need to make it a priority to all be together for that one! Girls...
2. Lucy had her last preschool Water Day. The entire time I was there to watch she played with Remmy in the bubble machine.
3. Thomas had his last Metzler Dream Mile 5/16/13. The entire school came outside to watch the qualifiers race. He came in 2nd place with a time of 5:54. Taylor came in 1st, and Tyson was 3rd. The 3 T's. He didn't have his best mile that day.
He's still on the record board as having the fastest boy mile time in Metzler history with a mile time of 5:48. Ain't too shabby.
| Greatest Elementary PE teachers of all time. |
4. A few years ago, Dave Matthews Band was up for Album of the Year at the Grammys. He was up against Taylor Swift, and some other people. She won. I was bitter. Even though I would sing along to the Romeo and Juliet song every time I heard it.
Fast forward to 2013. These girls of mine got older, can sing every word of we are never ever ever getting back together, I adore the Trouble song. Taylor was coming to Houston, and we needed a serious, ultimate girls' night out.
Melanie and Claire had to be here. Claire doesn't have sisters to do girl stuff with. My girls are it.
Who's excited?!?!
We took our seats just in time for Lucy and her Mama to totally fall in love with Ed Sheeran, who opened for Taylor Swift.
We sat with Bailey and Leslie in the most amazing seats ever. Seriously. My girls will be sorely disappointed the next time they go to a concert and are in the nosebleeds, wondering where all the dancers and costume changes are.
We saw Shonna!
Popcorn and Glowsticks...it's time to party!
I have seen a lot of concerts in my day. A lot. This may have been one of my favorite ones. It was fabulous. High energy, dancing, stories. Taylor Swift was delightful. She was a breath of fresh air in a world where it's cool to dress or talk or behave inappropriately. She knows and respects her audience. She sang for two straight hours, so it was a long night for the littles.
There was a secondary stage right in front of us. She did a 4 or 5 song set RIGHT THERE! Melanie and I were even giddier than the girls.
Ed Sheeran came out and sang with her. RIGHT THERE.
Poor baby almost made it to the very end. She fell asleep right before we are never ever ever getting back together with her glowstick in hand.
She slept on Melanie's shoulder all the way to the car!

2 comments:
That was so fun!! I'm so glad Claire and I got to join you and your girls!
Great pictures of the concert! And do not worry...I will be saving my days for an ALL PARR-GIRL DMB gathering!
Post a Comment