Thursday, May 16, 2013

More Napa


What do you do when the fog rolls in and you can't make it on your hot air balloon ride?
Buy a deck of cards at the little corner grocery store, play Kings in the Corner, and drink champagne.
 

 First winery stop: Del Dotto Caves
I loved drinking the wine in the cave right out of the barrels at this winery.  Loved it so much I think I said Sangiovese in an Italian accent about 25 times.

 Next winery of the day: Darioush Winery. 
Not pictured.  I was sleepy.  See 3 mornings in a row of waking up at 5, drinking out of the barrels right beforehand, and practicing my Italian accent.  Takes a lot out of you.  ;)
 
Lunch:  We stopped at one of our favorite spots.  The Oakville Grocery~Established in 1881. 
I love the little places on the side of the road where you can picnic.  I want to pick one up and drop it in Houston.  Although, you can only picnic like 2 months out of the year here, so that would be a waste.
 
Also not pictured:  Hall and Provenance wineries.
 
We headed back to Bottle Rock for a little Jackson Browne
 and Kings of Leon to end the night.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love KOL....but they are HUGE OU fans and the drummer actually has a drum set with "OU" on it. Ugh!

Your trip looks so much fun! Wish I was with y'all!