Thursday, September 1, 2011

Things I Love Thursday

1. Having a Kindergartner in the house again. I've been telling people it's as if Rose was born to be a Kindergartner. All of that business about her being cautious and nervous in new situations has been thrown out the window. She has been happy, energized, and excited since school started last Monday.




2. Crying at the movie theatre. Y'all. I LOVE it. It's cathartic. It's freeing. It's the best release ever. And it's a good thing I love it since last week I saw not one, but two movies that made me cry...like the tears on my glasses, making small weepy sounds kind of crying. The Help and One Day. Both are books I adored. A-dored the movies as well.




3. Speaking of The Help, I had some. Nana and Mimi made time to come help us out after Isaac was born. Thank you for the meals, the laundry help, playing games with the big kids, holding and feeding the baby when I needed a break, the built-in adult interaction.



4. Texas Longhorn Football. Yes, we're coming off a rather abysmal season. Yes, my 9-year-old cried this morning when he found out who was starting at QB. Yes, our conference is dwindling and needing some tweaking. But I still love it. I love the atmosphere, the band, the burnt orange as far as the eye can see, my football friends, singing Texas Fight. All of it. 2 more days!




5. Meals for New Moms. I could have never predicted that I would be getting to take advantage of the Meals for New Moms again with the Moms group at my church. These ladies, who all have many kids of their own, have been bringing us delicious meals for a couple weeks, and it's awesome.




6. Introducing Isaac to people. What new mom doesn't like showing off her brand new baby? Here are a couple pictures of Isaac meeing Mamaw, one of his great-grandmas and his grandpa, Podge.






1 comment:

Crady said...

So great to talk to you today! I love your blog! I'm so glad I get to keep up with your big, beautiful family! Glad you liked the block!