Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sabbath Simplicity: Meal Planning

The Crock Pot we got for a wedding gift just wasn't cutting it anymore, what with all these children we kept having. So, I bought myself a gift. Think of it as my "push gift." Some people get jewelry when they have a baby, and some people buy themselves a big Crock Pot.

I am so much less harried when I do my meal planning for the week. And this baby is going to help me out a lot. Especially now that I've discovered Crock Pot Girls. What a cool web site. We're having BBQ Chicken sandwiches tonight from the Crock Pot and my house smells so good.
Crock Pot meals help out so much when we have to eat in shifts on football nights. It's never my ideal situation to not get to have family dinners every night. My thought before school started was that we would have family dessert together on those nights instead. That honestly hasn't happened much either. We pray together every night, though. I cherish those moments when we're all together, even if it's for just a few minutes. Life is good.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Katie, I'm about to post a new crock-pot recipe on my blog, "Easiest Ever Pulled Pork" so look for it in the next couple of days. You might want to try the Crock-Pot Ravioli on my blog too..it was so good, even Christina had seconds!

I know what you mean about having dinner together. I think that's why crock-pots are becoming so popular again.