I love being nostalgic. It's one of my favorite hobbies in case you hadn't noticed. So when Thomas played against his friend Evan's team last week, I immediately knew I'd be writing a look-how-far-they've-come-and-can-you-even-believe-how-little-they-once-were post.
Evan was one of the first friends Thomas met when we joined the playgroup through the Mothers of Young Children at church (so incidentally, his mom Katy was one of my first friends). They are two months apart. They are both in my Faith Formation class. They received First Communion together. The whole nine yards.
Look at these two handsome boys.
They're running and tackling on the football field, reading and writing, asking smarter, deeper questions about their faith at church. And just a short time ago, they were little. They were learning how to be in this world, amazed by their surroundings.
These next pictures were taken seven years ago at the mall at Christmastime. You see, it doesn't snow in southeast Texas. So we went to the mall, where every hour on the hour, it SNOWED. (foamy bubbles, really) Look at the wonder on those sweet faces. I can just imagine the looks on their faces today if I took them to see the "snow" at the mall. And there's nothing like catching "snow" on your tongue with a white linoleum backdrop. Only in the South.
I'm so thankful my kids have lifelong friends through church. I love watching them grow up together--physically and spiritually. We are so blessed.


3 comments:
Seriously....every post makes me cry! So sweet!
So cute!
I remember almost 2 years ago when you sent out those pics of the first MOYC Family Event, and found shots of Thomas, Adam, Rebecca, and a few others of the kids who would make their 1st Communion that spring. Oh...the tears poured down, such good memories of when our kiddos were precious little toddlers. "If they could just stay little..."
Again--reminded how fast time flies. What handsome boys they have grown to be!! Don't want Ben and Isaac to grow out of infancy...
Post a Comment