Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What would you do for a Klondike Bar Truck Grocery Cart?

Would you park in the last parking space, 200 yards away from the store, just because you saw the last truck cart way out there?

Would you-after spotting the coveted yellow cart in the cart return-excitedly yell at the kids that We're gonna have a contest! Who can get out of their car seats the fastest?? Then, holding 3 hands, a purse, a diaper bag, and a baby run your fastest (but avoiding cars and people) so that you beat the other mother to the cart just in the nick of time? Of course, you would resist the urge to shout, "I call dibs!" Because that would be inappropriate.

Would you follow the mother who is leaving the store with her kids and truck cart full of bagged groceries secret service style? You know, tail her ever so slowly, figure out where she's parked, pull into a close enough space ever so gingerly without taking your eyes off the cart? Then, saunter over while she's unloading, patiently waiting to lay claim to what was hers, but what is now yours? Well, yours for the next hour of so.

Would you help her unload her groceries and even offer to buckle her kids into their seats so you could get that truck cart even faster?

Would you?



Photobucket

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

You did, didn't you?

Shannon said...

Hilarious! I've been putting off the car-carts for a while now. I know, once we go car-cart, we won't go back!!

branchex said...

Yes. Yes. And sadly, yes. Out of necessity of course. How else can I grocery shop? And what gives when somebody with one measly child takes the car/truck cart?

xoxo, Brandy

Susan said...

stories like this are why I think you rock..

MELANIE said...

I just might--I wish we shopped at a store just so we could use one of those cool things...Brady would l-o-v-e it!

Lauren said...

Wait a second....please tell me you have done ALL of these! That would make my day!!!!