Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"What's happening?" ~Twitter

**Summer is over. You wouldn't know it from the lower back sweat I have every time I get out of the car, or the "feels like" temps of 102. You would know it from the pile of homework the kids have every night.

**Here's a collage of the kids swimming with friends Labor Day weekend.
**After swimming, they put on a play. They were elves. Or caterpillars. Or envious. I'm not sure.
**We had a Camp Rock 2 party when it premiered on the Disney Channel. Oh, the things I do for the children. In no way had I been looking forward to the premiere all summer long. In no way would I download the soundtrack on iTunes and jam out to it in my car. By myself.
**I got my flu shot today. My arm is sore.
**I took this picture of some pigtail cousins.
**Last week was Dave Week. My sisters came down for a little concert action. One of my favorite things in the world is seeing Dave Matthews Band in concert. Especially when I'm with my sisters. (We changed Susan's last name for the concert...she and Lauren are two peas in a pod anyway.) Man, I tell you what. I just fall in love with him more every year. Especially when he sings my favorites. Which he DID!
**We went to the Longhorn home opener on 9/11. There was a memorial on the south lawn in front of the Tower. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. Teaching 2nd grade, pregnant with Thomas, recess was eerily quiet all week because all planes were grounded and my school was near the airport. Gosh, that was awful.
**I ordered my first ebay item. I know, I know. Welcome to the 21st century. It's an Olivia the Pig dress for Rose. It's incredible.
**Lucy just brought me three (3) slices of cheese. I guess that means she's hungry and I should publish this post.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That's fabulous! I need to do more posts like this! I'm WAAAAY behind and have writer's block!!!! :(

Susan said...

"me too"..still makes me laugh..

great posts..so.much.fun.