I read Twilight. And here's my story...
All of a sudden there is a bounce in my step. If I hear the name Edward or see a silver Volvo, I get butterflies. I don't want to cook dinner, or sweep the floor, or bathe the kids, or blog even, because I want to read my books. I find myself talking to people about vampires like they're real. "Did you know that when vampires are in the sun, their skin sparkles like diamonds?"
I was convinced that maybe Rose was at least half vampire, with her pale skin, her beautiful face, her charm with people, and her seeming lack of a need for sleep. Twice in the last week I have found her sitting on the foot of our bed, watching us sleep when the alarm has gone off. Hmmm...sound familiar, fellow Twilight junkies? (No, I'm not the only one...read this.)
I went to see Twilight the movie last week. My friends picked me up, lip gloss and all, and promised to have me home by curfew. Oh wait. That wasn't her mom's minivan we rode to the theater in? It was hers? And when I went to buy myself a copy (I had borrowed it from a friend who gets equally flustered by anything Edward), I wondered why I couldn't find this popular book in the fiction section? Oh. It's because it's found in the teen section. Ouch.
My sister sent me a text message last night, asking me if I was watching the Golden Globes. Uh. Well, sure, old Katie would not have missed it. Old Katie would have seen Slumdog Millionaire by now, and would have been writing down the winners of each category for reference when making Oscar predictions. But, alas. I was sitting in bed, reading my book. I'm nearing the end of the final book, which is bittersweet. No more Edward and Bella. Sigh. I look forward to the release, but just cannot believe that I, of all people, have turned into this blushing, gushing version of myself.
If you haven't read this book, you totally should. And I dare you to not fall in love with a vampire.
14 comments:
Not into Twilight. I want the old Katie back, too! Not many emails or texts or phone calls lately to dear ole Mom.....
Katie,
This is hanna, Grace's mom from dance last year. I read the Twilight series in November. I read all four books in a week. I was crazy and exhausted during that week. About 2 weeks after I finished the books the movie came out and I went to see it. After that I was in Twilight blues, I was so sad that there was no more Twilight. Still now, I am having a hard time getting into books again, because I want them to be as good as Twilight or be Twilight and the thing is I love to read!! Stephenie Meyer has ruined me!
Jonathan thought I was crazy for reading those "teen" books, but we just got back from a 2 week trip where we went to Mexico and Hawaii and he could not believe the women who where reading the Twilight series. Numerous women of all ages were reading the series. It showed him that the series appeals to all ages!!
Later,
Hanna
I want EVERYONE to know, that despite my blog, this time last week, I was getting over Edward. And then Katie.... well... basically she vomitted gushy Twilight-movie-Edward adoration all over me, and I went to the movie (with whom I'll keep quiet here), and then she plugged Midnight Sun... and, well, I'm lost. Gone. Over the top. Smitten with Edward Cullen all over again.
I have to agree with Jennifer..I was moving on..moving on I tell you..Then you started to tell me quotes..and made remember why I loved him soo much.. all of those butterflies come flying back..
Maybe, we should start some kind of 12 step program...
I give you Twilight..the best read of your life..and me..I am reading the book you gave me..The glass castle..yeah thanks for that..:)
I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN!!!! And I love that you didn't think I was stupid for reading and then daydreaming while listening to love songs! Do you think I could pray for Edward to marry me? ;-)
Yeap, y'all need a 12 step program...
I still don't get it.
If I was hung over somemone, I'd want Sean Connery, or Richard Gere, not some teenager.
In the meantime, I will gush all over my super cute husband!
Seriously, y'all crack me up!
I never thought that I would read those books. Vampires in high school? I was too mature for that. But then my friend dropped off the first two books and insisted I read them. Instantly, I was hooked. Never thought that I would dream about vampires for two weeks, but I did that, too. You are far, far from being alone.
Haven't read them yet, have been thinking about it though, now you've convinced me. I liked the 16 yr old me, the 35 me is more evolved, but oh 16 was FUN! I'll let you know when I read them.
Kimberly, last I checked, Richard Gere and Sean Connery could be my GRANDFATHERS. Haven't you seen Demi and Ashton? Having the "younger" guy is okay. (And, really, Edward is beyond 17 since he's been around for over a century)
Those books were awesome. I'm glad I jumped on the bandwagon at work so I could love Edward to! Can't wait to see the movie in 4 hours!!!
Katie,
Last I checked, Sean Connery and Richard Gere are GENTLEMEN, not dumb lovestruck boys.
Even in vampire years, 17 is too young for me! How can you all gush over a fictional vampire when there are real MEN (like my hubby!).
You all need a 12 step program for sure...
I just want to let everyone know...that I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN! And if I could marry him, I would...in a heart beat! AND...I think it is COMPLETELY okay to have healthy obsessions like Longhorn Football, Academy Awards, and FALLING IN LOVE WITH A 120-YEAR-OLD, FICTITIONAL-CHARACTER-VAMPIRE NAMED EDWARD CULLEN!!!
Oh, Katie! Just finished. Heavens, is all I can say. Starting Midnight Sun tonight. Thanks for inviting me to the movie! Hee Hee!
Post a Comment