Today's my Bloggy Birthday. My Blogiversary, if you will. A year ago today the obsession started. Before January 5, 2008, I didn't use the words blogger and bloggable. I didn't carry my camera everywhere~just in case something bloggable happened. I didn't stalk people or talk about random strangers as if they were my best friends (you know, Angie, Suz, Matt, MckMama, etc...). I never drove from place to place, constructing the perfect post in my head, from the comfort of my minivan.
But, I also never kept a journal. I never wrote down funny things my kids said. And it was hard keeping up with faraway friends and family. Susan told me that blogs make her see the world as a much smaller place. That is so true, my friend.
For Christmas, Jeremy had my blog printed and bound for me. What a fun gift! I think there are lots of sites, but he used this one to print my first installment. His intention was to have 2008 printed, but I write so much that he only got through August. And, before you ask, YES. I posed my book for a picture. YES. I posed it with my other awesome Christmas gift. And, YES. I am embracing my nerdness.
Here's to much more Laundry and Laughter. Happy Bloggiversary!
12 comments:
Oh, that's so cool. I think I know what I'll be asking for Mother's Day...
Kimberly
ooohhh mine is coming up..on the 8th..maybe we should celebrate some how..like maybe seeing a movie..about vampires..just an idea..
One day your pile of laundry will decrease but, you will look back at your blog book..and laugh all over again..at the 'remember whens..'
Congrats..love your blog. :)
I think we started blogging around the same time so I must be close to my anniversary too! And welcome to the blackberry world! Are you addicted as Jeremy used to be (maybe still is) yet?
congrats katie! and think how many other people you got into this little addiction called blogs!
congrats...what a unique gift...very cool! to many more years of blogging!
Oh, Katie! I love you! And your blog! You totally crack me up and constantly keep me entertained! Happy Bloggiversary!
That is a really cool idea. I've heard of having your blog printed but I didn't know how to go about doing it.
I love it!!! What a cool gift! And how sweet of your husband to think to do that. I am SO copying!
How neat! Have fun with all of it!
You're a chip off the ole Nerd! That would be me!!!Ha, I crack myself up......
Happy Bloggy B-day! I love reading and keeping up with you and your family. I'm sure that you'll treasure the gift from Jeremy...so nice!
I need a book like that! So cool. What did you do before blogging? Can't remember, huh? It's pretty great and I've always loved your blog!
Post a Comment