Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Hammer Gate Time

This is Lucy's new trick...
Guess it's time to put the gate back up.
Lucy's getting so fun. Yesterday I almost puked because not only did she do a "big girl" thing by climbing on the stairs, but she said her first word (other than ma-ma, da-da, ba-ba...you know). And it totally goes with Lucy's fun personality. I was telling her what a big girl she was. Then Jeremy appeared at the top of the stairs and said 'hi' to her. She waved in response and said, "YAY!"
Here are the girls in their favorite dog shirts. I took the kids to the park yesterday, and it was the most horrible, constant tease of Anna's life--a reminder every turn she took--that she does not have her very own ball of fluff. Dogs. Little itty bitty dogs were EVERYWHERE. Dogs with skirts. Dogs with bling. Poodles. Chihuahuas. Anna cried all day, because apparently I have broken my promise of buying her a dog. What planet has she been living on?

Photobucket

9 comments:

the deKorne family said...

absolutely precious! i love that she says yay. i still love when ava says it! so happy. :) really cute dog shirts, too--where are those from?

MELANIE said...

All cute kids! Can't believe Lucy can climb stairs and can talk!! Can't wait to see all you girls next week!! ;) Glad the big girls like their dog shirts! (from Gymboree--Heidi--but they are from before Christmas)

Lauren said...

Tell Lucy to STOP GROWING UP! There aren't going to be any more babies in our family at the rate Claire and Lucy are growing.... (makes me sad) :(

Cheryl said...

Awww...You have to get that sweet girl a dog!

Jennifer said...

I don't know how you don't give in and buy that girl a puppy. When she was at my house this summer, I nearly bought her one myself...she is irresistible! I can't wait to see Lucy in February...what a fun age.

MELANIE said...

Thomas and Lucy look alike in that picture to me. so cute.

Chic Mama said...

too cute...go buy a dog for that little girl! LOL

Jenny said...

WHEN you get a dog (not if...WHEN ;) you'll wonder how you lived without one! (Full disclosure: we've had 4 years with our mutt before any babies arrived so I have NO IDEA how it would be to introduce one -- and all their needs -- into our house. :) But still... :)

Katie said...

Well, we have 2 dogs already...that's the problem. We're not getting a PUPPY until they're gone.