Sunday, May 3, 2015

Camping!

Well, it was darn near thirty-eight years before I slept in a tent.  My girls have been waiting to camp with American Heritage Girls since they joined the troop almost two years ago, but it's never worked out...until now.  The weekend was perfect, we had no other commitments, so we bought a tent and went for it.  We headed to Lake Somerville State Park near Brenham.

Jeremy says I STILL don't know what it's like to truly rough it because our tent site had electricity hook ups.  And I say, well, this is as rough as I go.  The kids had so much fun, and can't wait to camp again.  I will say camping isn't easy when you have a night bladder like mine, and I could not even believe the wake up call we got from the 7,362 birds singing in the tree above our tent.

It was nice going with the troop because our meals were prepared for us, and activities were planned sporadically throughout the weekend for the kids.














No comments: