Anna turned 11 and insisted on an elaborate Happy Everything theme for her party. She and I had so much fun planning this party, and the guests had a ball.
We started the party ringing in the New Year with poppers, party hats, and a sparkling grape juice toast.
Next up...Groundhog's Day! Pin the Groundhog on his shadow.
Valentine's Day Mad Libs, then and Easter Egg Hung (not pictured)
4th of July--Badminton, hot dogs, watermelon
Halloween--Create your own Costume and Trick-or-Treating
I gathered a box of crafts and props (and Margaret brought some as well) for the kids to start creating. This was my favorite part of the party. Anna invited some amazingly creative friends, and I love what they came up with.
Our awesome neighbors passed out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Jay and Kathryn even dressed up for the occasion. Winner winner chicken dinner.
Thanksgiving--Turkey cupcakes! Anna's first idea was pie, but I thought the kids would rather eat cupcakes. Super neighbor Kathryn made these as well!
And finally, Christmas! Instead of bringing gifts, the kids brought a wrapped book for a book exchange. Obviously this was wildly popular.
Happy 11th Birthday to Anna! You're pretty awesome.


No comments:
Post a Comment