Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I blinked

Six years ago, my oldest was starting Kindergarten.  I was pregnant and had two others at home.  My son was enjoying Mrs. Taylor's Kindergarten class and coming home on the bus.  I started this blog so I could capture our life...all the funny things the kids say, and the places we go, and the friends we meet, and the family time we treasure.

Life looked like this...
 
and this...

 
My Kindergartner would jump off the bus to tell me about his day.  About which friends had to pull their clip, about how fast he ran in P.E., about how smart Mrs. Taylor was (always way smarter than me).
 
Then springtime came and I had the baby.  My sweet, orange-haired Lucy Mae.  She came out of the womb hearing how lovely Mrs. Taylor was and how perfect Kindergarten could be.  
 



I blinked.  No one warned me.  Well, scratch that.  Plenty of people warned me.  But I was too busy being busy to realize what they meant.
 
They said, watch out.  You'll blink and she'll be in Kindergarten
 
Yep.  I blinked.  There's my sweet, orange-haired Lucy Mae.  She jumped off that bus yesterday ready to tell me all about her day, and how perfectly smart Mrs. Taylor is. 
 
Life is fast.  But life is oh so sweet.

4 comments:

The Torno's said...

What a sweet post! Happy Kindergarten Lucy!

MELANIE said...

oh Katie. I love this post. teary eyed! cute pictures, love the first one of Thomas with his giant backpack and love that last one of Lucy!!!

Lauren said...

Shut. Up! Tears. Down-my-face tears!

Kimberly said...

Stop it already...you're making me choked up...just thinking about Theresa starting kindergarten!