Friday, February 25, 2011

Nine

9 things to love about my 9-year-old:
1. He's an awesome big brother. Just ask any of his sisters.
2. He is compassionate.
3. He is a good student, and takes everything at school seriously.
4. He is the ultimate team player~~an awesome addition to any team he's on. Whether it be a sports team, or being the ultimate Metzler Elementary Husky, he builds up any team he's a part of.
5. He is a rule follower.
6. He's extremely cute.
7. His brain works in the most interesting, intense, unique way. And I love when he says awesome things like, "I love when I hear people say 'polio vaccination.' It reminds me of Jonas Salk, the inventor of the polio vaccination."
8. He is independent, polite, and shy.
9. He made me a mother 9 years ago today, and it's been the best job I could have ever hoped for.
Happy Birthday, Thomas!


9 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh....I agree with EVERY word! I have told Josh MANY times, "If we have a boy, I hope he is like Thomas!" I love his love of life and sweet heart! I love that he used to think I was SOOOO cool! I think he is SOOOO cool, too! Happy ninth birthday, T-Man!

MELANIE said...

Wow, NINE!! He is my favorite nine year old I know. I hope he has a great birthday!! (and that our card makes it to your house today!) Happy birthday Thomas! We love you! :)

The Moser Fam... said...

he's exceptionally cute and i love the way you describe him...happy birthday to your bud!

April Gann said...

Love this post- especially the part about him being a team player- I think he's going to love that part as he gets older. Happy birthday from your far away fan club, Thomas!

Mama/Linda said...

OK. I'm weepy now. Thanks a lot, Katie! I love this kid, too! He's my favorite Longhorn fan, and I love to think we have a special bond. Happy 9th, Thomas!!

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Thomas!

the deKorne family said...

crazy that it was 9 years ago! he holds such a special place in my heart. :) hope he had the happiest day! :)

Abby said...

You've got a future lady-killer on your hands, my friend. Your big boy is sooo handsome and sweet.

Kimberly said...

I still remember coming to see you after he was born to bring you dinner. Can't believe it was 9 years ago.

And yes, he's one handsome man. ;-)