Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A (s)NO(w) Day

A few weeks ago, we had the makings of the perfect snow day.
We had waffles for breakfast,
we worked on science fair projects,
we were artistic,
we made homemade dog biscuits
for some very eager,
cute doggies.
We stayed in our pajamas all day long and watched movies.
It was the perfect snow day. We had it all. Everything...
except snow.
Nada. Zilch. Nothing.
School was cancelled at 3:00 the day before. The weatherman promised!
But, memories were still made. It's not every year you get to use an inclement weather day where we live. I guess Easter is no longer a 4-day weekend, but we had fun anyway. :)

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I hear you Katie. My kids had a fun day off, minus the lack of snow. I've had to stop showing them pics on Facebook of the snow in Dallas their cousins post, b/c they just get envious.

Lauren said...

HAHAHA! That's awesome! Glad y'all still were able to have fun! :)

MELANIE said...

What a fun (s)NO(w) day and clever title! I hope we don't have another snow day anytime soon up here!! I'm over them! :) Glad y'all had fun though!

the deKorne family said...

yep, LOVE the pun. :) oh my gosh-rose looks SO OLD in that top picture! glad y'all had a fun day-even though it was snowman free.

Mama/Linda said...

I'm so glad to see current pictures of the kids! Haven't seen them since Christmas. Keep on bloggin'!

Abby said...

I would be happy to host any future Liardon snow days. We've got snow up the wazoo...and then some.

Glad you made the most of your no-snow day. Looks like fun! :)