Monday, October 11, 2010

Ducks and Secrets and Fridays

When Thomas was 4, Anna was 2 and Rose was a wee one. We would drop Thomas off at school on Fridays (2-year-olds don't go Fridays), and as soon as the minivan door was shut tight, Anna would say, "Let's get a biscuit." I got her a plain biscuit at McDonald's one day, and she expected it every Friday after that. It became our secret--just something we did on Fridays.

Fast forward four years. Now Rose is 4 and Lucy is 2. We drive through the car line on Friday mornings, Rose goes to school, and Lucy and I head to the park. We bring whatever bread is left over from the week, and Lucy feeds her "friends." It's our secret, and a fun way for me to have one-on-one time with our spunky fourth born.

It's almost as if these ducks are expecting us now...like they know it's Friday. :) (Also, look closely and you will see some "fall foliage." Hee hee. Ah, southeast Texas.)

Lucy always saves some for herself.

3 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

How fun to get some one-on-one time with your littlest lady. She is so cute and I'm sure she'll remember your special Friday dates even when she's grown. :)

Mama/Linda said...

What a special Fun Friday you've started!! Cute pics.

Kimberly said...

Gabriel and I have started going for walks around the the block now that the weather is so nice. Actually, he pedals his little green tractor, and I walk. I enjoy our time together too.