Really, though. We grill hot dogs and hamburgers on weekends. We visit the Golden Arches more than we should. The kids love holidays and history. They love fireworks and going to school. They love heroes and family vacations.
It seems I may have failed in one department, though.
Yesterday, Jennifer was talking to Rose, and casually mentioned Twinkies. "What are Twinkies?" Rose asked.
Oh no she didn't.
Okay, before you judge, I'd like my kids to NOT be as American as Diabetes and Heart Disease.
Today after school Walter surprised Rose with a gift. 

And for the moment of truth...
The verdict was still out until she got to the creamy filling.
I may have caught Lucy in a state of euphoria.
Now the kids really are as American as Twinkies and Ding Dongs.
Wait, what are Ding Dongs, you ask?
We'll have to save that for another day. Everything in moderation, right?
7 comments:
Writer's block, my foot. Good post. You're back. :)
I agree with Jennifer...back to being witty! :) Love the "I would prefer for me kids not be as American as diabetes and heart disease." :) So true...so true. Nothing like a good Twinkie! :)
sorry for the typo...it's 4 am here...and I'm awake...and apparently not with it!
i thought Ali was just pretending to be Irish, not AMerican. Ding Dongs are awesome. Right after Star Crunches. mmmmmmmm.
LOL! That was too funny Katie.
Now I want a Twinkie...and a Ding Dong.
The picture of Lucy had me rolling on the floor!
Love this. Love that she didn't even know what a Twinkie was! Good job, mama.
Post a Comment