Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Musings

*August has arrived. And along with it, the 100 degree temperatures. I'm surprised it took so long this year. This heat reminded me of a picture I took last month on my girls' trip to New Orleans.
* Speaking of NOLA, right about now I'm wishing I was here
with these fun ladies. (ya know, instead of cleaning toilets and organizing the playroom...)
*Call it denial. Call it wishful thinking. Call it too good to be true. But this summer I've been paying my slightly lower electric bill each month thinking Man, we must be doing something right. Yeah. Not so much. Apparently the meter reader is either gate challenged, lazy, or scared of my dogs. (Scared of a dog named Happy? Please.) We got a letter stating that they'd turn off our electricity next month if they were denied access to our yard again.
Again?!?!? What the heck? This is the first I've heard of this. I'd at least expect a door hanger or something. Sheesh. And, listen. Maybe if you're scared of dogs, don't go into the meter reading profession. I'm just sayin. And I can't wait until my $2,379 electricity bill comes next month. I. Can't. Wait.
*It's wedding week. My baby sister is getting married Saturday. It seems like yesterday that I was leaving for college and my 11-year-old sister wasted no time in moving all of her belongings into my bedroom. (Talk about don't let the door hit you on the way out.)

She's all grown up now. I'm happy for her and Josh, and wish them nothing but happiness.

4 comments:

Abby said...

I would not last a single second in Texas. Not a one! It is way too hot for pants there...

The Torno's said...

Yeah the heat is horrible! And congrats to Lauren!

Mama/Linda said...

Yeah, that was pretty traumatic when you lost your room in the house! But it's fun when you all come to visit!!

Lauren said...

Man...sorry about the room-thing! If it makes you feel any better....I lived the first part of my life with the anal sister that would throw all my toys on my bed when I would leave them out! What? Didn't make you feel better? Well, dang....at least I tried! He he! Love you!